Saturday, October 23, 2010

Watching Movies

It's been a while since I've really had time to sit down and watch movies, and it is something I've been indulging lately. In the last three weeks I've watched Anatomy of a Murder, Gladiator, Basic Instinct, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Brief Encounter, West Side Story, In Bruges, Batman Begins, The Enforcer, Army of Shadows, social network, Ninotchka, The Town, La Vita Bella, The Vanishing, and Charade. I was especially impressed by In Bruges, Army of Shadows, and The Vanishing. Charade was pretty good too, but I watched it the night after seeing the incredibly awesome "The Vanishing," so it took damage by sheer proximity to the glowing greatness of the former film. 
















Nick and I set off some more thermite in the back yard, which yielded incredible photos on the D40. I'll post more about that later though, I don't feel like compressing the photos for upload. I'm getting a lot better at photography. I'm hoping to be come good enough to get great candid shots (as those are the pics I most enjoy looking at later), but it's hard operating all the controls on a DSLR in manual mode while things are happening. I'll have to get better!

Our last intern left on Friday, and he's getting prepared for his 8 month trip to Thailand (sweet!) but Scott returned from Europe earlier today, so the base is back to it's quiet efficient self. Scott was pleased that we had not destroyed the kitchen in any way.

I'm going to be buying a laptop in the next week or two, and then it's off to Becca's to try working remotely for a week or so before returning to Logan for Thanksgiving. Huzzah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment