Monday, September 20, 2010

Football Game, Family

So this last weekend I spent the day with the family-units watching a football-based sporting event at my brother's college. As is traditional for such events, this required Alex to get dolled up like a Scotsman, kilt and all, and parade about the field. Oh, and there were some guys in helmets smashing into each other.

Nick came with me as he had never see a football game live before, and what with Scott couch surfing across Europe, there wouldn't have been much to do if he stayed at home.

I got to visit with my mum's mum and her beau Bill, and Nick and I had opportunity to play around with our newest tech acquisition: a Nikon D40 DSLR. As you can see from the photos, it produces truly amazing images. Wow. Such a step up from the point and shoot cameras I was using before!

So, here are the photos I kept (I'm being absolutely scrooge-like and only keeping 1 or 2 good shots of any given thing/person to avoid photo clutter), note that these have been pretty heavily compressed and reduced in size:





1 comment:

  1. what happened to all those fantastic just-catching-the-football shots? Also, honestly, Nick's first live football game?????

    ReplyDelete