Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Interns Have Left the Building

It has been quite a busy summer. We have been the proud employers of 2 China interns and a minority partner in China, two summer programming interns, and one marketing intern. And earlier today we sent the last summer intern back home. We really enjoyed having Maksym and Oliver this summer, but goodness was it a lot of work! I have decided that contrary to previous estimations, being a boss is not all that great. Despite the fact that I get to talk to corporate, eat a bagel, turn into a jet, and bomb the russians, it's just a lot of work. I think I would rather be getting things done that constantly running around making sure that other people get their things done. It might be okay to be a boss if you don't have stuff you need to get done yourself. If your only responsibility is to make sure people are getting stuff done, that might be fun.

I have been investing more time in correspondences recently as well as part of my batched reading plan (talk to me sometime about it if you're curious). It's been nice to get back in touch with a lot of old friends. If you'd like to get back in touch via the snail mail of the internet (good old electronic mail) you should drop me a line.

That's it for now. Perhaps in the next week or so I'll write about my sweet new computer setup (2x 24" monitors baby!).

No comments:

Post a Comment